Murderbot and I ventured out to Zebo and Hess‘s Can I Kick It party last night. It turned out that Manny (AKA DJ Magneto AKA ERS One) was the guest DJ. It was like a junglist convention in there, yet no jungle was being dropped.
Seems that ‘Bot and I aren’t the only ones who have become fed up with the macho posturing, and lack of fun in the jungle scene. I’m really glad to see everyone’s eclectic tastes coming to the fore. Manny played a sick set of golden-age-hip-hop, electro, old-school house, pop, techno, freestyle, and early rave tunes, while Zebo and I discussed the merits of keeping genres moving during a set.
Jungle will always be one of my all-time favorite forms of music, and I assume now that the neo-rave movement is entering its post-new-rave period that old-school jungle’s resurgence is just around the corner. In the mean-time, lets keep our ear to the ground, where the branches of the jungle and breakcore scenes have dropped seeds that are growing the roots for the next generation.
This dropped into my emailbox this morning:
Ragga-Jungle, Dubstep, Breakcore, Metal, Mash-up8/09/2007, 192k, 80mb, 58.35min
- Bong-Ra Warhead
- T.Raumschmiere Rabaukendisko (The Bugs Dancehell Mix)
- Rotator Distorted Species
- Aaron Spectre 1600 Penn FTW
- Bong-Ra 666Mph (Bong-ra v’s Aphasic Mix)
- Twinhooker Any Bwoy Dis
- EOSS Wacko Macko is Backo (DJ C – Babylon A Fall Mix)
- Shitmat There’s No Business Like Propa’ Runglee Clotted Mashup Buzznizz
- Istari Lasterfahrer Dubcore
- Twinhooker War Den Ah War
- Strog Paranoid Mashup
- Capleton Bun Dem Every Day
- The Bug Jah War
- Blackham The Crusade
- Aaron Spectre Say More Fire
- Istari Lasterfahrer Sound Gets Dropped
- Mathhead Bonafidekilla (Aaron Spectre Mix)
- DJ C Come Back Wicked (Mashit Mix)
- Mochipet Botan Rice Core (Aaron Spectre Mix)
- Aaron Spectre You Don’t Know
- Bong-Ra Slaytronic
- Cardopusher 25 Years for Murder
- Drumcorps Forgive and Forget
- The Assdroids Licking the Spoon (Kill Yr Idols Mix)
Please play on maximum volume.
All vinyl mix, yes them crackles are genuineâ€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.enjoy